Dig in to the topics that really matter to the success of your business with interactive webinars led by subject matter experts.
Changing Tides webinars are designed to be interactive and personalized to the needs of participants. Get answers to your questions, learn best practices, and connect with other female founders.
Webinars are held from 9am—10am Pacific, unless otherwise noted.
Upcoming Webinars and Workshops
Sept. 8 (8-9 am Pacific Time): The Power of Government Money During Times of Economic Uncertainty: A special Changing Tides Open Circle Event, an Ask Me Anything Session, with Brianna Blaney, founder of Pocketed.
- Upcoming: #IAmRemarkable (Google workshop) – with Divya Krish, Akamai and Google facilitator. #IamRemarkable is a Google initiative empowering women and other underrepresented groups to celebrate their achievements in the workplace and beyond.
Past Webinar Workshops
- Nov. 18th (9-10 am Pacific): Designing the Board of Directors for Your Venture’s Success in a Post-Covid Era – Rika Nakazawa, author of Dear Chairwoman, Join Rika Nakazawa, a senior leader, entrepreneur, investor, board director and frequent public speaker on technology-powered business transformation and diversity in leadership. Rika will share her personal experiences thriving in the technology industry, and propel towards entrepreneurship, venture funding, and authorship – all powered by the inspiration of trailblazing diverse leaders from yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
- Sept. 30th (10 am -12 pm Pacific): Aligning Your Actions With Your Core Values – a workshop with Christy Nichols, CEO, Venture Within and co-presented with Female Founders Initiative, powered by Founders Institute. Ever feel like you’re caught in a never-ending circuit of obligations that drain your energy? Or routines that you’ve lost motivation for? It’s time to tap back into your personal core values and align your actions with what is most important to you. This session is fun, as we spend a lot of time reconnecting with our own unique ideas, relationships, and experiences that light us up. You’ll also learn how to infuse these values into your day-to-day to energize and motivate you so that your every day becomes more fulfilling.
- Fun & Raising: How to Make Fundraising a Fun and Predictable Process. If you’re not enjoying your fundraising process, you might be doing it wrong … How I Raised $500,000 for My Company SliceUp with Basia Kubicka. Basia just closed a $500,000 pre-seed round with angels and institutional investors, and she wants to share her tips and tricks with the ChangingTides community in this interactive webinar. Bring your questions!
July 29, 9 AM PACIFIC
- The Secrets of Power Pitching – Pivot Your Story!
Donna Griffit, a Corporate Storyteller of over 15 years, will talk about the winning ingredients of a brief, powerful story and how it can be formatted into any type of oral or written presentation. You will emerge with a simple, yet powerful tool to create stories of many formats, repeatable with any type of content for any medium.
June 17, 9AM PACIFIC
- How to Find the Right Investors for Your Startup
With special guest DeAndrea Salvador, State Senator of North Carolina, Director of Growth at FundBoard, and Venture Partner at Republic. DeAndrea will sit down with our founder, Jenn LeBlanc, to discuss all things venture, funding and the path to senatorship.
MAY 20, 11AM PACIFIC
- Investor Bias & Perceived Lack of Industry Fit: How Female Founders are Penalized in Funding, Valuation, and Equity
Join Dr. Dana Kanze, Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour at London Business School, as she discusses how perceived lack of industry fit leads investors to penalize female founders and how investor sophistication may help reduce gender bias. The key finding: Female-led ventures catering to male-dominated industries receive significantly less funding at significantly lower valuations than female-led ventures catering to female-dominated industries.
APRIL 15, 9AM PACIFIC
- On Beyond Equity: How to Build a Better Capitalization Stack
Join us for a conversation with Gillian Muessig and Anne F. Kennedy, co-founders of the Sybilla Masters Fund, a women-led gender lens venture capital fund investing in better ways to live and work together.
MARCH 18, 9AM PACIFIC
- Launching for Revenue: The 10 Elements of Success
Did you know that 35-80% of launches fail? Join Jennifer LeBlanc, Founder & CEO of ThinkResults Marketing, for an interactive session where you will discover the 10 critical elements that can make — or break — your launch, learn how to create a clear Launch Action Plan of your own, and get ready to launch into the new year.
- Presenting to Investors: Building your most effective pitch deck
Nancy Hayes, Angel Investor at NKH Group, will examine who angel investors and VCs are, how they work and how to build the most effective pitch deck, slide-by-slide.
- In the Mind of an Angel Investor: Pitch Decks, Timelines and Due Diligence
Join Xandra Laskowski, founder of OSEA Angel Investors, for a fireside chat to learn how to ensure smooth funding from angel investors, how their processes typically work, and why an angel investor may be the right fit for your business.
- All Things Abundance: How to Thrive in Uncertain Times
Join Catharine Pritchard, founder of Catharine Pritchard Coaching, for a workshop on abundance mindset and how to tap into it for your empowerment and advancement.
JULY 29, 10am — 11am Pacific
- Alternative Financing Strategies: Opportunities Beyond Traditional Venture Capital
Join Kate Brodock, CEO of Women 2.0 & Founding Partner of W Fund, for a conversation on alternative financing and how to choose the best option for your business.
- The Big Pitch: How to Get the Media Coverage You Need
Join Jennifer Reitman, founder and publisher of DAME Magazine, for a working session on how to develop a strong and successful media pitch.
- Transformation & Growth: Reconnecting With Your Purpose
Christy Nichols, founder of Venture Within, will lead a workshop based on her transformational development program to help us as founders navigate the process of change and regrowth.
- 5 Surprising Factors Driving a Successful Pivot
Fireside Chat with Shannon Kenny, founder of Prontopia
We’ll talk about Shannon’s very quick and successful pivot of travel company Prontopia in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis.
Since Changing Tides Movement is nonprofit community organization, we offer all webinars on a donation basis. You will be able to enter a donation amount on each event registration page.
No one will be turned away for a lack of funds. We appreciate any and all donations as those enable us to continue creating and offering programs that support female founders and women entrepreneurs globally.
Is there a topic you’d like a webinar on or know of someone who would be a good host?
Let us know!